The Nature of Work Forum is a new service and community from Digital Workplace Group (DWG), based on the book Nature of Work: The New Story of Work for a Living Age, published in January 2021. The ground-breaking book describes a new way of experiencing work, people and organizations, and focuses on the notion that your company is not a machine but a living system, not a factory but a forest, not an organization but an organism.
The inaugural two-day Nature of Work Forum gathering will take place at the iconic Garden Museum in London on October 25-26, and will include no more than 20 senior executives. Hosted by the co-authors, Paul Miller and Shimrit Janes, the forum will be a mix of learning, co-design and examples.
Beyond London, we are building a new community and are inviting you to become a founding member. So, if you are unable to join us in London (or Boston, USA in early 2023), you can still join our growing community.Register your interest
“As a leader, Nature of Work allows us to evaluate where we are and re-imagine where we need to go.”
Join us in October and be part of the first Nature of Work Forum meeting, alongside other selected leaders and senior change-makers from a diverse range of forward-thinking, dynamic major corporates and related organizations.
Community, conversation, connection
Who should attend?
Founder Members of this new confidential and pioneering community that is bringing a new world of work to life across their organizations, will include leaders in:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Hybrid Working
- Change management
A new story of work for a living age
The purpose of the Nature of Work Forum is to bring a new story and language of work to life in mostly large organizations, drawing on the knowledge that your companies are alive – and that this insight and understanding can be transformational when applied to current challenges and opportunities, such as:
- How do we become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization?
- How can we enable our company to become truly sustainable?
- What could regenerative leadership look like for our senior team?
- How will we create a healthy and mentally rewarding world of work for all our people?
- How can we become a company that attracts the best talent and retains them?
- Where is the vision and opportunity for us in hybrid working over the coming years?
The forum will allow us each to overcome the isolation that can become the norm and to engage in a secure community that is both large enough to bring variety and diversity, and yet small enough to enable direct business-to-business relationships, held together by DWG and our range of advisors, guides and experts.
What the two days will cover
Over the two days, we will:
- Dig deeper into the Nature of Work elements, and what they could mean in your organization.
- Hear stories from Founder Members about the work they're currently doing.
- Explore together areas such as leadership, hybrid working and the Great Resignation.
- Co-design the Nature of Work Forum services you want as Founder Members.
Day One will end with a guided tour of the historic Garden Museum itself, followed by dinner at a venue a short walk along the river.